Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Drum roll, please...

Email not displaying correctly? View in browser      Instant Unsubscribe      Report Spam
 
Emilia Dahlin

Greetings Friends,


For a while, you've been hearing hints about a new musical endeavor.  On September 10th, I had the honor of speaking and performing at Maine's TEDx Dirigo conference.  I took the opportunity to announce "The Transcendence Project", an annual series of educational workshops and performances that draw on the power of music to unite individuals, communities and cultures.  For the first series, we're working to bring Claudio Miranda (the musician I was collaborating with in Brazil) to the States.  I'm really hoping to share his incredible story, energy, inspiration, and musicianship with you.  The Transcendence Project is still in its infancy and very fluid.  We're looking for co-creators, collaborators, participants, and supporters.  We're also seeking a fiscal sponsor.  More details about how to get involved will follow shortly.  In the meantime, have any ideas?  Or know someone you think I should connect with?  Please pass it on!


And TEDX?  Wow!  The entire day was so inspiring, and highlighted solutions to local and global challenges that are being put to use right now.  It was a thrill to be packed into a theater with 300 movers and shakers in our state.  Many thanks to the TEDx team for bringing this opportunity to Maine, and for illuminating the great work that's being done here.

Check out pictures and sketches from the day.  Video of all the speakers will be available soon.


It's been a long time (too long), since I've played in the Portland area.  Happily, I'll be at the Village Coffeehouse in New Gloucester, Maine this Saturday the 1st.  I've performed here for the past four years and it's one of my favorites, not only for the incredible home made dessert auction that happens at intermission (yum).  


Thanks for sticking with me through the ebb and flow of this musical journey.  

I hope that this finds you well...


Warmly,

  Emilia

   

 

 


MUSIC

UPCOMING SHOWS
Village Coffeehouse New Gloucester, ME Sat Oct 01 11 07:30 PM Tickets
Unity College Unity, ME Wed Oct 12 11 08:00 PM  
Old Sloop Coffeehouse Rockport, MA Fri Jan 20 12 07:30 PM Tickets
> See More / Details
 

SITES
 ReverbNation       Artist Website       Facebook     

 

View As Webpage      Update Contact Info      Unsubscribe      Report Abuse      Privacy  

Physical inquiries can be sent to: P.O. Box 7627, Portland, ME, 04112, US
If our email is in your Spam/Junk Folder, please add info@emiliadahlin.com to your address book.

Powered by FanReach Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment