Greetings Folks,
Happy Valentines Day to you. I've seen a lot of great quotes and Valentines wishes floating around today. Here's my favorite:
“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
This is an appropriate time to BE IN LOVE! Did you see the Playing for Maine "Be In Love" video? If not, watch now. Tomorrow (Friday) night at the Big Easy in Portland all the performers will be in one room to recreate this video live. There will be a number acoustic sets too. 9pm $14 21+
The celebration opens with young love at the All-ages show featuring Maine Academy of Modern Music bands Beware of Pedestrians, Simple Burden, Emergency Sirens and GuiltyBystander. 6-8pm
I'm happy to say that after too long a time...I'll be performing in Boston on Thursday, Feb. 21st. AND performing with a seriously fun, creative, and talented band, The Toughcats. AND we're playing a great room, Berkley's Red Room at Cafe 939! Please join us.
After many years of desire, I'm finally launching a new website this weekend! It's a fresh design that's easy to navigate and it will be up to date on all fronts. Though it served well, say goodbye to the old, stale, dusty site at www.emiliadahlin.com. I'll be back at the same address soon.
My TEDx talk "Using Art As A Tool To Shape Communities" is now live on Youtube. Thanks to TEDx Dirigo and Cape Elizabeth High School for hosting this inspiring event. Check out some of the other speakers here too. Lots of good stuff.
I hope this finds you well...
-Emilia

Emilia and The Toughcats on the road in 2006.
No comments:
Post a Comment