| Greetings Friends! Remember me? It's been a while since I've performed my own songs and I'm really looking forward to a couple of fun shows this summer! It's been too long.
I've been keeping myself busy this year with writing new material and teaching songwriting in two Portland public elementary schools. In the past four years at Ocean Ave Elementary, I've had the privilege of writing 84 songs with over 500 students (K-5)! This year, I began working with 5th graders at Presumscot School. This work was supported by the PTO and Maine Academy of Modern Music. Thank you! During this span, we've written songs on a very wide variety of topics: from slavery in the U.S., the voyage of the Kon-tiki, the history of our city and nation, the writing process, the native people of Maine, and the natural beauty of our state (just to name a few). We've all learned a lot and this has been a fun and effective way to approach the craft of writing with the students. If you're interested in bringing programming like this to your school, kiddos, or organization drop me a line.
 Photo: MacGregory Photography. I'm absolutely honored to be included in "Masters of Song" at Deertrees Theatre as part of the 80th Anniversary Celebration on July 6th. If you've never been to Deertrees, you're missing one of Maine's gems. Perfect for a summer show, pack a picnic and jump in Crystal Lake before you head over! The windows and doors will be open to the balmy night. "Historic Deertrees Theatre will launch it's ongoing Celtic Roots/Traditional concert series with a very special event featuring three of the regions master songsmiths. Denny Breau; Heather Pierson; and Emilia Dahlin will take the stage and perform in the round. Stories and song will draw you in to sing and reflect. This event is the launch of the fourth year of collaboration between Deertrees and New England Celtic Arts. It has been a very good fit for both organizations."  July 28th - Downtown Waterville Summer Concert Series with Adam Frederick on bass. Castonguay Square 5:45pm - 7pm All ages and free! I'm getting back on the gig train, so give a shout if you have venue ideas in New England! Best wishes for a peaceful, playful, and restorative summer season, Emilia |
| |
| |
| |
| | | | |
No comments:
Post a Comment