Monday, June 8, 2009

Three Creeks

Awoke this morning in 3 creeks this am as we prepare for our fast, amazing and powerful arrival, the landscape we know so well, embracing like a giant dry hug from some barely known but completely familiar mother. Felt immediately at peace, and as we look around at the people we will be travelling with, and look at the elders who are sending us off, I am pinching myself with wonder at having fallen into this songline. Sending huge medicine from this unbelievably sacred place. Went out for a run this morning and mildly sprained my ankle. A good reminder that often the beginning of a big journey is primetime for illness and injury!

We're heading out for a 4 day, 4 night fast tomorrow am, postponed a day to coordinate with the Paiute people on the way back from the mountain. They are having a ceremony to change their casino into a wellness center. How competely rad is that.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh - much love to you both and so glad you are being looked out for by my beloved Sierra's! XOXOXO - Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm heading to Cali at the end of August, but won't get to experience the wonderous parts you are in. Thank you for sharing.

    I was reading my copy of that book of quotations we had on a Regatta a couple years back (Sunbeams) and I came upon a passage that reminded me of you two. I thought I would share:

    Things that are good are good, and if one is responding to that goodness one is in contact with a truth from which one is getting something...The truth of the sunshine, the truth of the rain, the truth of the fresh air, the truth of the wind in the trees...and if we allow ourselves to be benefited by the forms of truth that are readily accessible to us instead of rejecting...them as "merely natural: we will be in a better position to profit by higher forms of truth when they come our way. - Thomas Merton

    Enjoy the truths you live. Much love - Ree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following your footsteps from the Maine homeland!
    It was such a treat experiencing the richness and beauty of your community of friends in Cape to see you off.
    Aaron, I have that good read I want to pass on to you so leave a mailing address when you can.
    much love to both of your path of learning,sharing and love!
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete