Monday, June 22, 2009

Youth Quest

We've got six youth here from around the country (and two from Canada)! I guess that makes it an international youth quest. These folks are here to mark important stages in their lives. For some, it's a right of passage to mark their entrance into adulthood - for others, it's about finding their own way in the world. It's a gift to hear all their stories, the struggles and the joys they experience. I'm remember all to well, as I listen to their stories, the pain and unknowing that's such a big part the teenage experience. They come with open hearts, asking lots of questions. I feel honored to be with youth who are asking difficult questions and listening so earnestly at this stage in their lives - willing to go out into the world alone, and see what they come back with. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment